Friday, April 27, 2012

4 Years with Philips Avent

It's been 4 years since I started patronizing Philips Avent and their products never let me down. 


I first got my Philips Avent Newborn set for Mhia, my first born, before I gave birth to her on June 2008. I received few negative comments/feedback about having big bottles that won't fit a baby's grip, something like that. But I've stuck with my decision because I know the product better than those who threw negative comments. Eventually, they realize I got the best quality products a mom could wish for.


During those time, back in 2008, there were no support group for expectant and breastfeeding moms. I only knew pregnant & prenatal program from Makati Medical Center, Pregnancy & Beyond. Or, maybe, there were some but not as active like the support groups nowadays, like Mommy Mundo, Medela Moms and programs/events by Mothercare and Philips Avent, and a lot more.

Too sad I was only able to breastfed my daughter for less than 2 months even with all the efforts, and supplements I was taking. I also took all the advises on what food to take to increase milk supply but to no avail. During that time, breastfeeding cookies & muffins weren't available yet.


Mhia at 3 mos old (September 2008)
Mhia at 7 mos old (January 2009)
Mhia at 1 yr, with the Avent Night-time Pacifier
Mhia at 2 yrs while waiting for Daddy Tian & Lolo Pew at Dusit Thani Manila's lobby
Mhia at 3 yrs with her baby bro, Dominic
But for my 2nd child, Dominic, it was different. I was able to breastfeed him longer than his sister without taking any supplement in the form of capsule. I've done some research. I've taken food that helped me increase my milk supply like oatmeal, Anmum Lacta and food with galactagogues such as breastfeeding cookies & muffins from Mommy Treats by Mommy Paola.






I believe these helped in increasing my supply that there was a need for me to use Avent Breast Shells and I was able to breatfeed Dominic for 5 months. I was hoping I could extend but stress from work kept me from producing more supply.


Dominic having Mommy's milk at 4 mos
Dom at 5 mos
Mhia at 3 yrs 5 mos and Dominic at 7 mos
Mhia at 3 yrs 6 mos and Dominic at 8 mos 
Dom at 10 mos
From 2008, every year I get to buy new Avent product/s. I was able to keep their packaging except for the 2 (two) 11oz honey-tinted bottles.


If I'm not mistaken, Mhia got total of 12 Avent bottles: 5 - 4oz, 5 - 9oz & 2 - 11oz. For Dominic, I only got him 6 Blue Avent bottles plus the 2 Avent bottles we got from Philips Avent Christmas Party loot bag. I didn't buy additional bottles for Dominic since her can still use his Ate Mhia's bottles. Mhia will turn 4 this June, eventually she'll stop drinking milk from the bottles and start drinking milk from the glass. :) 

I'm so thankful with Philips Avent for providing my family with utmost care through their products. :)

Philips Avent will always have my unending support. Now, even my cousins use Philips Avent products for their babies. :) Tried & Tested! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...