Thursday, March 22, 2012

Good Housekeeping magazine's Mommy Makeover

It's been 1 year and 4 mos since I had my Makeover at Azta Urban Salon and photoshoot at the Summit Studio and I'm still getting good feedback esp. with my hair. And this I shared with Good Housekeeping magazine's Beauty & Fashion Editor, Ms. Pia Rojas.

People keep on asking me what did I do with my hair. Did I had a digital perm or something like that. So I had to tell my GH-Mommy-Makeover story over and over again. But It's really fun telling them my makeover story repeatedly as it was fun doing the shoot.

As far as I can remember, it was September 2012 when I got a message from her. She was asking me if I was willing to be a part of GH’s Mommy Makeover section, which I grab instantly. This was also the time I found out that I was pregnant with my 2nd child, before I had my hair done at the salon.

There were 2 parts of the makeover. First part of the shoot was at a salon to give every mom a fantastic new style (via cut or color, or both). For my hair, it was done by Rich Abella of Azta Urban Salon in Eastwood. Since I just found out I was pregnant, they only did haircut and highlights on my hair.

And the second part consists of a hair and makeup artist and Ms. Pia styling mommies for the main photograph for the feature.

At work, after the final photoshoot

I love the tunic and shorts I wore from Mark & Spencer and the shoes from VNC. And I'm ready to fill my wardrobe with them. My Mommy Makeover was featured on Good Housekeeping's April 2011 issue.


And this is the most fun part of it, I shared my recent pictures to Ms. Pia and tell her how happy I am with all the result the makeover had done to me. So I told her that I want to share some of my mommy-friends' fashion dilemma. And this was her reply (part of it):


However, as per Ms. Pia, this is just a fashion feature so there’s no free haircut or hair makeover. This is just a fashion shoot that’s unfortunately, set for March 30, a Friday, at the Summit studio.

Follow my blog, if you're interested, so you could leave a comment and I can give the rest of the details! :) Hurry! Fashion shoot is on March 30! :)

I want to share this to all mommies out there who could be more beautiful than they'll ever know! :))

Goodluck fellow mommies! :)

13 comments:

  1. I remember seeing that familiar face in the GH mag only to realize it was really you, mommy she. I would love too to surprize myself if that "transformation" happens to me. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommy Grace, what's your email address?

      Delete
  2. mommy she, it's luckyoneph@gmail.com

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.

    i LIKE!!

    liv [at] lcoreph [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be sending you an email Ate Lau & Mommy Liv. I'll give your name din to Ms. Pia of GH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's your email pala Mommy Lau. Would you know mommy Lolly's email too? I sent her a message via Twitter, not sure if she got it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi mommy, here's my email ad:

    lolanda2001ph@yahoo.com

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mommy Lolly. Sencya na, I can't do FB today. Goodluck.

      Delete
  7. Mommies, it'll be more exciting if your hubbies will be the one who will email Ms. Pia di ba?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Need ko din to mommy sherybee, lapit na kasi binyag at birthday ni Blake ;)

    Flores.jaycee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email ko din sa yo mommy Jaycee. :) Goodluck! :)

      Delete
  9. My email addy is limtengkiat@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...